Thank you for your interest in being a vendor for The Clothing Library! We are looking for clothing resellers, thrift stores, and consignment stores.
As a reminder, we are a second-hand clothing rental company with a focus on the community. We are so excited to partner with vendors like you to build our available inventory for the community.
How It Works
- Your items are listed on the platform.
- Customers select your item(s) for rental.
- A driver will come to retrieve the item(s) and drop them off to the customer.
- The customer wears the item(s) until their selected return date.
- The driver retrieves the item(s) from the customer and drops them at the laundromat.
- The driver delivers the freshly washed item(s) back to you!
What You Get
- 25% of the profits. We handle all the logistics of renting, but you find the amazing pieces. When customers rent your items, you will receive 25% of their rental subscription cost for the duration of the rental.
- Exposure! We love highlighting our vendors. When customers rent from you, we let them know that you are the vendor behind the clothing! We are also planning to highlight our vendors on our social media and website.
If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to get you onboarded ASAP! For onboarding, we will work directly with you to upload your items to the platform. During this time, we will take photos and document details about each item- just like you would for Poshmark or Depop. Please message @the_clothinglibrary on Instagram or email email@example.com to schedule your onboarding.
- Do I have to upload every clothing item I have? Definitely not! First, we are aiming for vintage and vintage-inspired pieces. We understand not every item you have may fall into that category. The initial onboarding we do together but afterward, you will have access to a form where you can add any other items you like to the platform as time goes on. We will also send out vendor newsletters. These newsletters will let you know which items are the most popular at the time. If you have items that match, you can easily add them to the platform using the form.
- What are the circumstances under which I would not get my clothing item back? Some people will love the item and want to keep it. Some people will damage it through everyday use. If these circumstances happen, the customer will pay the full market value as decided by the vendor and The Clothing Library.
- What if I want to remove my items from the platform due to it selling or changing my mind? That is extremely easy to do! After emailing our team with the item's details, we will remove it on our end.
- What happens to the clothes in between rentals? Up to you! These are your clothes and you can do with them as you please in between rentals. If they sell; however, it is imperative that you let The Clothing Library team know immediately.
- What if I have a friend who would also like to be a part of The Clothing Library? Right now, The Clothing Library is invite-only, but here is the application for the waiting list!